Our Finished Video

Official Website

Official Website
Official Website

Album Cover

Album Cover
Album Cover

Thursday 22 September 2011

Music and Me

 We were asked to select 3 tracks which meant a lot to us from 3 different stages in our lives so far. These are my 3; not necessarily my favourites but ones which have had a large impact on myself today.




Eminem - Sing for the Moment


This was my first track of choice. I remember whilst i was 8 years old i heard this track and it changed my view of music completely. Up till then, i had only been exposed to fairly tame music circling the radio stations, and large amounts of classical music (courtesy of my dad the conductor); hearing this Eminem song was a total eye opener for me. In the song he raps about the effect his music has on youngsters and the way he is portrayed by the media. In listening to it, i began to understand that the complexities of lyrics and subject matter have no boundaries - it was a new experience for me and shaped my listening for years to come. And yes, i still love this song.






Hard to Concentrate - Red Hot Chili Peppers

My favourite song of all time; the playcount on my iTunes account is now over 900! It's beauty comes from it's simplicity, it is not flashy or showy, and the truth behind the lyrics stand out above all. It is melodic and gentle, which is unlike lots of Red Hot Chili Peppers music. I don't know what first attracted me to this song, but it has stuck in my mind for a very long time.




Bon Iver - I Can't Make You Love Me / Nick of Time

This is a song which means a lot to me today. Justin Vernon, of Bon Iver fame, has a stunning voice, and performs these covers of the 1991 Bonnie Raitt 'I can't Make You Love Me' and 'Nick of Time' beautifully. He is a shining example that modern music is not dead, and i love it because it is so different to almost anything else about nowadays. He also shows that you don't have to be well dressed or a classical musician to play the piano this well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment